Onkyo TX-NR7100 9.2ch Network AV Receiver
The first in the series to offer both 9 channels and built-in, ready-to-use DIRAC Live® Room Correction, the Onkyo TX-NR7100 9.2 Channel THX® Certified AV Receiver brings new meaning to the phrase, “home movie night.” The DIRAC Live® Room Correction offers improved musical staging, clarity, dialog, and deeper bass, while the additional two channels create a 5.1.4 Dolby Atmos® immersive surround sound experience.
Featuring three HDMI-out options, the TX-NR7100 AV receiver delivers uncompressed HDMI 8K/4K transfer at 40 Gbps, increasing the bandwidth over its predecessors. Put through thousands of tests to obtain the coveted THX Certification, this SMART AV Receiver™ delivers an unparalleled movie, music, and gaming experience to your home.
- DIRAC Live Room Correction: Built-in, state-of-the-art digital room correcting technology improves overall audio performance. Dirac Live automatically calibrates sound in your room using our smartphone app and included microphone or the Dirac Live desktop or laptop application* and a 3rd party USB mic (not included). Dirac Live unlocks your loudspeakers’ full potential in any listening space and delivers a uniquely pristine listening experience.* Device must be connected to the internet and the same network as your AVR.
- Discrete Zone 2 HDMI Switching: Set up different high-definition entertainment options with up to an 8K60 resolution
- IMAX Enhanced: Bring larger-than-life home. Using DTS: X® technology, IMAX Mode delivers lMAX Enhanced content as the filmmakers intended. IMAX Enhanced films are available to stream or own on Ultra HD Blu-ray™
- Enhanced Gaming: Own your opponents with HDMI 2.1 enhancements for gamers: 4K/120Hz HDR pass-through enables ultra-fast motion -VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) eliminates lag, stutter, and frame-tearing for fluid gameplay. – ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) optimizes latency from source to screen – QFT (Quick Frame Transport) limits lag for a smoother experience.
- Stream your favorite music: Use Works with Sonos 1, Chromecast built-in™, AirPlay 2, and DTS Play-Fi®; includes Spotify®, Amazon Music, Pandora®, TIDAL, Deezer, or TuneIn streaming services
- THX® Certified Select Theater-Reference Sound: Guarantees the same reference volume of a commercial theater in rooms where the screen-to-seat distance is about 12 ft. (3.5 m).
- Roon plays to thousands of USB, Airplay, and Chromecast devices, but Roon-tested devices are profiled by the Roon team to ensure simple setup and effortless daily use. If you own a Roon Tested device, you can have the confidence that you will enjoy the best possible experience with it
- Immersive Sound from your TV Apps: eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) simplifies connectivity and supports the latest high-bitrate audio formats including Dolby Atmos®, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DTS: X®, Dolby® TrueHD.
- Voice Control: Work with your digital assistant in any room with easy Google and Amazon Alexa SMART home ecosystem integrations
- Stereo Height Channel Flexibility: Set the mood for your next gathering by using height or surround speakers to ensure sound is distributed evenly throughout the room. By being able to move the stereo sound to height speakers, it blankets the space more evenly, giving everyone a better experience.
- 220 W/Ch Select Dynamic Audio Amplification (DAA) system (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1 channel driven), 100 W/Ch (8 ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 channels driven, FTC)
- 5.2.4-ch/7.2.2-ch Dolby Atmos® and DTS: X playback
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer and DTS Virtual: X™ 3D sound virtualization technologies
- Stream over 5 GHz/2.4 GHz dual-band Wi-Fi®
- Send or receive audio via bi-directional Bluetooth® wireless technology
- Apple AirPlay 2
- Music Made Easy with Chromecast built-in
DIRAC LIVE® ROOM CORRECTION
Discrete Zone 3 HDMI Switching
Set up different high-definition entertainment options with up to 8K60 resolution* in two different rooms from your Onkyo receiver when the kids don’t feel like partaking in whatever you like or vice versa.**
*8K60 only valid for Zone 1/Zone 2 will only produce 4K120 resolution when two separate HDMI sources are used
**Zone 3 for analog and Net sources only
IMAX® ENHANCED MODE
HDMI® 2.1 WITH 8K
HDMI® 2.1 is the most recent update of the HDMI® spec and supports eARC, a range of higher video resolutions and refresh rates including 8K60 and 4K120, and Dynamic HDR formats. 8K delivers a super-immersive viewing experience with 2x the horizontal and vertical resolution of 4K, and 4 times as many pixels; and combined with 60Hz refresh rate enables smooth and sharp viewing of content with high-speed action. HDMI 2.1 with 8K and eARC ensures your system is ready for the clearest and cleanest picture available both now and down the road.
BUILT-IN STREAMING SERVICES
ULTIMATE 4K GAMING EXPERIENCE
Own your opponents with HDMI 2.1 enhancements for gamers: 4K/120Hz HDR pass-through enables ultra-fast motion -VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) eliminates lag, stutter, and frame-tearing for fluid gameplay. – ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) optimizes latency from source to screen – QFT (Quick Frame Transport) limits lag for a smoother experience.
SMART HOME COMPATIBLE WITH VOICE CONTROL
The Onkyo TX-NR7100 9.2-Channel THX® Certified AV Receiver easily integrates into your existing Smart Home ecosystem, including Apple Airplay, Alexa, Google apps, and more. You get a highly capable and compatible network device that can operate seamlessly in your multi-room ecosystem.*
*Requires third-party AI compatible smart home device with microphone
WORKS WITH SONOS CERTIFIED
This receiver can join your existing Sonos Home Sound System, or be the start of a new one, just by pairing it with a Sonos Port.* This works with Sonos Certified AVR offers a best-in-class tie-in to the Sonos ecosystem, waking, changing inputs, and playing at the volume you want using the Sonos Volume-Pass Through feature from the Sonos app. The TX-NR7100 can work with up to three Sonos Ports—one for each of three independent zones—each playing a completely different streaming service from Sonos Radio.
*Sonos Port required and sold separately
BI-DIRECTIONAL BLUETOOTH® WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY
This Onkyo AVR can send and receive audio via Bluetooth wireless technology. Stream from your device to the receiver using SBC or AAC codecs, or transmit audio playing through the AVR to compatible wireless headphones using SBC, aptX™, or aptX HD codecs including 24-bit audio over aptX HD. The improved data transfer capabilities of the latest generation of Bluetooth ensure clear and reliable sound reproduction so you hear your favorite songs just as the recording engineer intended.
READY FOR DTS PLAY-FI®
|220 W/Ch THX® Certified Select Dynamic Audio Amplification system||✓|
|IMAX® Enhanced certified for immersive signature sound by DTS:X®||✓|
|Supports Dirac Live® Room Correction||✓|
|5.2.4-ch/7.2.2-ch Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X playback||✓|
|AccuReflex phase-matching solution for Atmos-enabled speakers||✓|
|SMART AV Receiver™||Works with Sonos, Chromecast built-in™, AirPlay 2, and DTS Play-Fi®; includes Spotify®, Amazon Music HD, Pandora®, TIDAL, Deezer, and TuneIn streaming services|
|Works with Hey Google or Alexa||Sold separately|
|Stream over 5 GHz/2.4 GHz dual-band Wi-Fi® supporting the 802.11ac standard||✓|
|HDMI® inputs||Inputs 1-3 and Main/Sub out support 8K/60AB and 4K/120AB. Inputs 4-6 support 8K/60B and 4K/120AB. Front HDMI Input supports up to 4K/60 (HDMI 2.0).|
|HDMI 2.1||HDMI 2.1 features that are supported on HDMI inputs 1–6, Main Out, and Sub/Zone 2 Out in Sub Mode output including VRR, ALLM, QFT (Quick Frame Transport), DSC (Display Stream Compression), QMS (Quick Media Switching), and eARC (Main Out).|
|HDMI Sub/Zone 2 Out for media transmission to a second display||✓|
|Send or receive audio via Bluetooth® wireless technology||RX mode: SBC/AAC, TX mode: SBC/Qualcomm® aptX™/ aptX HD|
|Refined chassis, HDMI board, DAC, Digital/Analog inputs, power-amp grounds and power lines||✓|
|5.2-ch Main + Powered Zone 2 + Powered Zone 3 speakers support synced/independent D/A audio playback||✓|
|Zone 2/Zone B line-out*7 (analog RCA) supports synced or independent D/A playback*8 on compatible audio systems or headphone docks||✓|
|Power output (All channels)||220 W/Ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD,1-ch driven) 100 W/Ch (8 ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2-ch driven, FTC)|
|Dynamic power||250 W (3 ohms, Front) 220 W (4 ohms, Front) 130 W (8 ohms, Front)|
|THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise)||0.08% (20 Hz–20 kHz, half power)|
|Input sensitivity and impedance||200 mV rms/47 k-ohms (Line) 3.5 mV rms/47 k-ohms (Phono MM)|
|Rated RCA output level and impedance||1 V rms/470 ohms (Subwoofer pre-out) 200 mV rms/470 ohms (Zone 2/Zone B line-out)|
|Frequency response||10 Hz–100 kHz/+1 dB, -3 dB (Direct/Pure Audio)|
|Tone control||±10 dB, 20 Hz (Bass) ±10 dB, 20 kHz (Treble)|
|Signal-to-noise ratio||106 dB (Line, IHF-A) 80 dB (Phono, IHF-A)|
|Speaker impedance||4–16 ohms|
|FM||87.5 MHz–107.9 MHz|
|AM||530 kHz–1,710 kHz|
|FM/AM preset memory||40 stations|
|Power supply||AC 120 V~, 60 Hz|
|Power consumption (operating)||750 W|
|Power consumption (idle)||75 W|
|Power consumption (standby)||0.1 W|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||17 1/8˝ x 6 13/16˝ x 14 15/16˝ (435 x 173.5 x 379.5 mm)|
|Weight||22.9 lbs. (10.4 kg)|